Had a recent issue at a new site. Previous IT guy did not want to disclose the Unify controller web admin password.
If you have access to the server from where the Unify Controller is installed, there is also a database MongoDB installed. It requires no authentication. To reset the password you will need to do the following:
- At QuickHash, make sure you select SHA 512 / crypt (3) / $6$. You must select this otherwise the new password hash you generate will not work.
- In the salt field, make sure you type this EXACTLY: 9Ter1EZ9$lSt6
- In the Input Data field, type your NEW PASSWORD you wish to use for the Admin account.
- Click Generate
- Copy that to a text file or something. You will use this to replace the password has in the database.
At this point you have your NEW PASSWORD which you will use when you log into your account and the PASSWORD HASH which goes into the database.
- Open up Robo 3T and create a new connection. You will use localhost:27117
- Click Save.
- Click Connect on the new connection you just created
- You will see a list of tables in the database.
- Click on the dropdown arrow next to “ace”
- Right click on “admin” that is your account for the web console
- Select View Documents from the popup menu
- On the right hand side you will see “keys”
- Click the dropdown arrow to the left of the key and you will find “x shadow”
- Right click on “x shadow” and select Edit Document
- You will see “x_shadow” towards the bottom.
- In quotes there is the old hash. Delete the OLD HASH between those quotes and paste your NEW HASH.
- Click Save
- Go to the Unify Web Controller url, type admin and the NEW PASSWORD you just created. (NOT THE HASH, THE PASSWORD).